Anthony Joshua responds to Tyson Fury’s deadline for £200million mega-fight
Joshua and Fury are continuing negotiations over a date and venue for their undisputed fight which could earn them £100m each
Anthony Joshua has told Tyson Fury to stop setting arbitrary deadlines for their £200million mega-fight.
The two heavyweight world champions signed the contract for the fight last month but a date and venue are yet to be confirmed.
The fighters were presented with four offers last weekend with Fury claiming he wanted a decision made by Tuesday
But his deadline came and went without progress – and Joshua has told him to be patient.
“I don’t think that’s the right mindset to have, I’d wait until the end of the year before I said that,” he told Pep Talk UK.
“At the end of the day its a fight we both want, its a fight the world wants
“It’s a fight the promoters want, the TV networks want so it’s not the right thing to be saying… putting a time on it.
“At the end of the day if people are working on something and asking you for some extra time, and you want the job done, you’re going to say no problem and sit tight for a little bit.
“As long as things are getting done I don’t mind waiting till next Tuesday or the Tuesday after that and I’m sure he does too.”
Saudi Arabia is the favourite to land the undisputed fight having played host to Joshua’s revenge mission against Andy Ruiz Jr in 2019.
Las Vegas, London and Qatar are also believed to be in the running to host the summer showdown.
And Joshua added: “I’m expecting to be a week better with my skills, a week stronger in my mentality, a week wiser and a week closer to the day I get to kick Tyson Fury’s a**.
“And every week that counts down, I’m looking forward to the fight. I don’t care about deadlines; the only deadline I care about is when the final bell goes and I know I’ve done my job.
“I don’t know what Fury’s doing and I don’t give a s***. All I know is who I am and I’m coming. I’m looking forward to it.”