18-year-old leads Forbes’ 2021 list of world 10 youngest billionaires
Austin Russell had dropped out of university in 2012 to set up his company, Luminar Technologies thanks to a $100,000 fellowship from a billionaire tech investor Peter Thiel. Now aged 26, he is one of the youngest billionaires in the world but not the first on the list
18-year-old Kevin David Lehmann tops the 2021 list of youngest billionaires, according to Forbes’.
1. Kevin David Lehmann Kevin David Lehmann debuted on the youngest billionaires list following his taking over of the 50% stake in German drugstore chain drogerie markt in September 2020, according to Business Insider.
The 18-year-old German is worth $3.3 billion at the moment, Forbes latest report posits. 2. Wang Zelong 24-year-old Wang Zelong is second on this list. The Chinese currently worth $1.5 billion had inherited a stake in CNNC Hua Yuan Titanium Dioxide Co., which trades on the Shenzhen stock exchange pegged at $1.3 billion.
3. Alexandra Andresen Alexandra Andresen, 24, got her wealth from an investment firm. She inherited 42% of Ferd, a Bærum, Norway-based investment company that is said to be run by her father. The business outfit gives a yearly revenue of $2 billion. Alexandra is $1.4 billion in worth.
4. Katharina Andresen 25-year-old Katharina Andresen like her sister in third place also got an inheritance of 42% of the Norway-based investment firm, Ferd. She is worth $1.4 billion.
5. Austin Russell Austin Russell who had dropped out of the University of Stanford in 2012 comes in 5th place with a net worth of $2.4 billion. He owes his wealth to his automatic car tech firm, Luminar Technologie he had set up thanks to a $100,000 fellowship from tech billionaire Thiel.
Though the company entered a merger in December 2020, he still owns one-third of it.
6. Gustav Magnar Witzoe Gustav Magnar Witzoe made his wealth thanks to his fish business. The 27-year-old is worth $4.4 billion. He owns more than half of SalMar ASA, a company his father founded in 1991.
7. Andy Fang Andy Fang is 28 years old and got his wealth from his DoorDash company. The United States man is worth $2 billion.
8. Stanley Tang Stanley Tang co-founded the food delivery app, DoorDash with Andy Tang in 2013. Tang, 28, who had served as the company’s chief technology officer is also worth $2 billion.
9. Sam Bankman-Fried Sam Bankman-Fried, 29, is a crypto magnate. The United States man owns the trading firm Alameda Research and crypto derivatives trading platform FTX. He is worth $8.7 billion.
10. Jonathan Kwok 29-year-old Jonathan Kwok, worth $2.4 billion is a real estate businessman. He started property developer Empire Group Holdings which he runs with his older brother, Geoffrey. Read more: https://www.legit.ng/1410814-18-year-leads-forbes-2021-list-world-10-youngest-billionaires.html