Carlo Ancelotti’s home broken into by masked gang who stole safe before being scared off by his daughter
Everton manager, Carlo Ancelotti’s Merseyside home was reportedly broken into by a masked gang who stole a safe before being scared off by his daughter, Katia.
Police were called to the house in Blundellsands at 6.35pm after two men broke in and made off with a safe.
It is understood the 61-year-old Italian manager was not in the house at the time but his daughter disturbed the men while sunning from the scene.
The burglars, who were later described as wearing black waterproof clothing and black balaclavas, reportedly ran away from the house after being discovered by Katia, 36.
Police have since said a safe was stolen during the burglary.
Merseyside Police confirmed they had been called to a Crosby home just after 6.30pm on Friday to reports a safe had been stolen.
They said two men had entered the home in the raid, saying: “The offenders were described as wearing black waterproof clothing, possibly with white writing on, and black balaclavas.
“The occupants of the house were unharmed. “Officers attended and enquiries into the incident are ongoing.
“The property will be forensically examined and CCTV opportunities are being explored.”