Some people are genetically predisposed to being tall. However, if you eat the foods that carry the necessary ingredients for body development, you can become taller.
You might not be able to become taller after reaching your maximum height. However, some particular foods can work in your joints and bones to maintain your height. According to a report on Healthline, the following foods can help you grow taller:
1. Chicken is very high in protein and vitamin B12, which are essential for growing taller and sustaining your stature. It also contains some amino acids that work for bone formation and development.
2. Eggs are good for body growth because they are a great source of protein. It also contains vitamin D, one of the essential nutrients needed to boost the absorption of calcium to keep the skeleton healthy.
3. Sweet potatoes are a good source of vitamin A, vitamin B6, and potassium. This is essential for making your bones healthy and helps you grow taller, especially if you eat them at an early age.
4. Protein-rich foods such as beans boost the level of a hormone that promotes growth, especially in children. It is an insulin-like growth factor that works in the body to facilitate bone and height development.
Beans are rich in vitamin B and iron, which help us fight against the deficiency of red blood cells in our bodies. Iron is essential for the growth of our body tissues.
People who lack sufficient iron while growing up can suffer from anemia, which causes delayed growth.
5. Milk contains a lot of nutrients such as magnesium, calcium, and phosphorus that are essential for healthy bones.
It is also a good source of protein, which is an essential ingredient in building your muscles and making you grow taller.
6. Yogurt is rich in protein, which is essential for growth. It’s also rich in different nutrients such as potassium, phosphorus, calcium, and magnesium, which are associated with the transformation of bones.